Saturday, May 14, 2016

Flight Envy

As we become older (actually have good jobs?) we have realized how different travel can be.    My work sent me to Switzerland for another leadership training.  It's terrific how they invest in me and tell me to keep going.  The policy is to fly business class. The first time I went to Basel for work, I did not take advantage of this offer & sat with Jordan.  On this part of my two-week trip, I was alone & did sit in business class.   I was privileged enough to be able to take my first business class flight across the pond! Even with little sleep & a doubly delayed flight from Philly to Zurich, it seemed like a three hour flight in economy.   I mean look at this seat & view:



Sadly, I (Lauren) chose Jordan's flight from Charlotte to Barcelona.  He did get to be in economy plus, which is an upgrade for us.  And he was smart enough to get a special credit card allowing him to sit at the various clubs through his various airports. 


But no worries,  there's a saying in the south that you never truly outgrow your roots.  As I needed to pay for my own flight from Basel (Switzerland) to Barcelona, there was only one option.  That option was a flight on Europe's leading cheap flight carrier-Easyjet. Obviously I took Easyjet to Barcelona for $100.   Luckily, Jordan is amazing & shared his card for some airport lounges. I really enjoyed the Basel airport's three story lounge & self-service food/drink spread.


But man, now I am really looking forward to my business class seat back to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment